Honey Bacon Brunch Biscuits With Honey Nut Spread
Patrice Hurd’s Honey Bacon Brunch Biscuits with Honey Nut Spread runner up entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked peppercorns
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
Honey Nut Spread
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Sue Bee® honey
- 1/4 cup shelled salted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Place butter in freezer for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Place a flat vegetable grater over bowl and shred cold butter into flour mixture. Add shredded cheese and bacon; stir until well-coated with flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, Sue Bee® honey and buttermilk; pour over flour mixture and fold together just until incorporated.
- Scoop into golf ball-sized mounds (should make 12) and drop onto prepared sheet.
- Prepare glaze by heating Sue Bee® honey and butter in microwave until melted; gently brush over biscuits.
- Bake until bottoms just begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Slide parchment off baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool.
- While biscuits are baking, prepare honey nut spread by stirring cream cheese and Sue Bee® honey together until smooth; fold in pistachios.
- Split biscuits and fill with spread to serve.