Honey Fig Crostini With Goat Cheese and Basil
Jennifer Daskevich’s Honey Fig Crostini with Goat Cheese & Basil runner up entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 French baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 7 ounces dried black mission figs
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 small bunch of basil, chiffonade
- Three slices quality prosciutto (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut baguette into about 20 slices on the diagonal. Brush with olive oil and bake until crispy, 8-10 minutes.
- While bread is toasting, cut stem off figs and cut into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix figs with Sue Bee® honey.
- When bread is toasted, cut garlic clove in half and rub on toasted bread.
- Spread each piece of crostini with goat cheese. Top with honeyed figs and basil sprinkled on top.
- If using prosciutto, cut into small pieces and top half of crostini with prosciutto.