Honey Brulee Crème Cheesecake With Honey Graham Crust
Brenda Watts’ Honey Brulee Crème Cheesecake with Honey Graham Crust entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey, divided
- 2 cups honey graham crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- To prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix honey graham crumbs, 1/4 cup Sue Bee® honey and melted butter together until crumb mixture is combined well and crumbs are moistened.
- Place moistened crumb mixture into a 9-inch nonstick springform pan with removable bottom and press crumb mixture evenly into bottom of pan; set aside.
- For the cheesecake filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup Sue Bee® honey, grated orange peel, vanilla extract and orange extract together with an electric mixer, over medium speed, for 1-2 minutes, or until well-blended and smooth.
- Add eggs to cheesecake filling mixture one at a time, beating well after each egg addition until cheesecake filling mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour cheesecake filling mixture evenly over pressed crumb crust in prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cheesecake center is almost set or slightly jiggles in the center.
- Carefully sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top cheesecake and loosely cover top of pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until brown sugar slightly melts.
- Remove from oven and let cheesecake set for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Carefully run a sharp thin knife around the edges of cheesecake and pan and loosen to remove rim from sides of cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or until cheesecake has chilled completely.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup Sue Bee® honey over the top of cheesecake evenly.
- Using a sharp water-moistened knife cut the cheesecake into 12 wedges.
- Keep any leftover cheesecake stored in refrigerator.