Honey-Dipped Donut Cookies
Marie Valdes’ Honey-Dipped Donut Cookies entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® honey
- 1/8 cup hot water
- 1/8 cup half-and-half or milk
- 2-3 cups confectioners sugar
- In a large bowl, combine Sue Bee® honey, butter, eggs and vanilla and beat with electric mixer until well-blended and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix with spatula until soft, firm dough forms (you can add more flour if the dough is too soft).
- Roll into a large ball, place in the middle of a piece of wax or parchment paper and roll dough back and forth to form into 3-inch wide diameter log.
- Wrap dough in paper and twist each end to seal tightly. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight, until firm and well-chilled.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut cookie log into 1/2-inch round slices and, using a 1-inch round cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each slice and remove, forming a doughnut shape. (You can bake the centers for little treats).
- Place 1-inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk hot water and Sue Bee® honey until combined.
- Whisk in milk and then add 2-3 cups of confectioners sugar to make a thick glaze.
- Dip top of each cookie to coat completely in glaze and place on wire rack.
- Allow glaze to dry.