Share Some Sweetness of Your Own
A small acts of sweetness can make someone’s day. And when you do something sweet for someone else, it encourages them to pass it on. Like a pebble dropped in water, it creates a ripple effect.
There are endless ways to share sweetness, and we would love for you to share it with us. Share your “random acts of sweetness” using the hashtag #ShareSweetness
Here’s a video we love from Life Vest Inside about the Kindness Boomerang.
Here are some other ideas to get you started:
- Send someone a handwritten note to let them know you’re thinking about them.
- Make a batch of Honey Oatmeal Drops and bring them to a neighbor.
- Plant a bee-friendly garden. Check with an organization like Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation to find which plants may work best in your area.
- Because bees need to drink water too, set up a bee bath in your yard. Use a shallow container (like a plate) and place some marbles or rocks on it for bees to land.
- Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day.
- Send a ‘Thank you’ card or note to the officers at your local police or fire station.
- Smile at everyone you meet today.
- Volunteer at a senior center.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter. Or purchase extra dog or cat food and bring it to an animal shelter.
- Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in the drive thru line.
- Have a clean up party at a beach or park or in your neighborhood.
- Tape coins around a playground for kids to find.
- Put your phone away while in the company of others.
- Email or write to a former teacher who made a difference in your life.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
- Leave a gas gift card at a gas pump.
- Leave unused coupons next to corresponding products in the grocery store.
- With a dry erase market, write a kind message on your bathroom mirror for a family member.
- Offer to babysit for free for busy parents.
- Return shopping carts for people at the grocery store.
- Leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford.
- Pay the toll for the person behind you.
- Put 50 paper hearts in a box. On each cutout write something that is special about your partner or a friend. Give them the box and tell them to pull out a heart anytime they need a pick-me-up.
- Take flowers or treats to the nurses’ station at your nearest hospital.
- Take muffins or cookies to your local librarians.
- Run an errand for a family member who is busy.
- Leave a box of goodies in your mailbox for your mail carrier.
You Might Also Be Interested In