Toffee Apple and Honey Trifle
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 loaves pound cake
- 6 apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 14 ounces cream cheese
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 bag Hershey Skor English toffee bits
- Prepare the various layers of the trifle so they are all ready to assemble together.
- Slice the pound cakes down the middle length-wise, then slice each loaf into 10-12 slices, resulting in 20-24 cubes per loaf, a maximum of 48 cubes.
- Saute the apples in the butter until soft.
- Add the cinnamon and mix well to coat all the apple slices.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the Sue Bee® honey whipping cream, cream cheese and vanilla pudding.
- Toss the English toffee bits into the food processor and whirl until finely chopped.
- Now assemble the trifle in a large clear bowl with straight sides.
- This makes a large quantity so you may have up to three layers.
- First lay down a layer of cake cubes Then cover with the sauteed apples.
- Then cover with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- Then sprinkle with a layer of ground English toffee bits.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients have been used up, ending in a layer of English toffee bits.