Sue Bee® Honey Sweet & Sour Cabbage
This sweet and sour cabbage side dish is a perfect complement to corned beef or pot roast.
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 medium to large head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the shredded cabbage, salt, pepper and water; cover and bring to a boil.
- While cabbage is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet; add onion and cook until onion is translucent and tender. Add flour to the onion-butter mixture to create a roux. Set aside.
- When cabbage is tender, add Sue Bee® honey and rice wine vinegar to the saucepan mixture and return to medium-high heat, bringing it to a near boil. Add the roux to the cabbage mixture to thicken. Cook until desired consistency is achieved.