Sue Bee® Honey Irish Pot Roast
Add this hearty and flavorful Irish Pot Roast to the dinner menu, and you won’t be disappointed.
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 2 cups parsnips, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 14-oz can Beef broth
- 4- to 5-lb beef pot roast: rump, top round or 7-blade
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge roast in flour mixture, coating all sides.
- Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the roast and sear top, bottom and sides until well browned, about 4 to 5 minutes each.
- Add Sue Bee® honey, broth, cider garlic and thyme.
- Cover and roast in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook 1 hour more, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a platter and keep warm.
- To prepare gravy, add cold water to reserved flour mixture.
- Whisk water-flour mixture into juices in Dutch oven pan, then place pan over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Continue to stir and cook until thickened.
- Spoon over meat and vegetables.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Brown meat as directed above.
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker and meat on top, cutting as needed to fit.
- Add remaining ingredients, except water.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Prepare gravy as above.