Sue Bee® Honey Ham Meatballs
Made from ham and ground pork, these meatballs are coated in a sweet and sour glaze and then baked in the oven until piping hot and irresistible.
- 2 pounds ground ham
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Sue Bee® honey
- 2 1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For the ham-pork balls, mix and blend all ingredients together until all are incorporated and mixture is moist throughout.
- Line a large baking sheet with tin foil. Form 2″ balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven 20-23 minutes. Drain fat and cool.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients including Sue Bee® honey together; heat and simmer 10 minutes until well-blended.
- Place ham-pork balls into slow cooker and cover with sauce. Heat thoroughly and serve.