Microwave Honey Peanut Brittle
Here’s a quick and easy peanut brittle recipe using the microwave.
- 1/4 cup SUE BEE® honey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Stir SUE BEE® honey, corn syrup, sugar, salt and peanuts into a 2-quart microwavable dish.
- Microwave 7 minutes, stirring well after 4 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, add butter or margarine and vanilla, blending well.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Add soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
- Pour onto cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable coating.
- Let cool 30 to 60 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container to keep peanut brittle from drawing moisture.