Red, White & Blue Shortcakes
A delicious and patriotic start to any US holiday, these shortcakes will spruce up the table and keep your party guests smiling.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add shortening and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk all at once and stir 20 to 30 strokes with a fork.
- Form into ball on lightly floured surface.
- Gently knead dough 15 times.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with 3 to 3 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425 F 15 to 18 minutes or until top browns.
- Cool biscuits, slice in half and top with Sue Bee® Honey Whipped Cream, fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Sue Bee® Honey Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® honey
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Whip cream to soft peaks; slowly add Sue Bee® honey and whip to stiff peaks.