Irish Soda Bread
Try this delicious recipe for Irish Soda Bread using Sue Bee® honey!
- 1/4 cup Aunt Sue’s® Organic Raw & Unfiltered honey
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine or shortening
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Mix together flour, cinnamon and baking soda in large bowl; cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in raisins.
- Add buttermilk, egg and Aunt Sue’s® Organic Raw & Unfiltered honey to flour mixture; stir to make soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface to knead 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- If dough seems too dry, add a little more buttermilk.
- If it seems too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Shape into flattened round ball and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush top with additional milk and cut an “X” in the top with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes or until golden brown and crusty.