- 2 cups Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup sugar
- warm water warm water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Dissolve the yeast in a little lukewarm water, mix flour and salt in a bowl and slowly add yeast mixture being sure to mix well.
- Slowly add more warm water until you have a medium paste. Cover the bowel with a clean cloth and stand in warm water for about 1 hour. The batter should have doubled in size and formed "bubbles".
- Heat oil and add teaspoonfuls of the batter to the oil, cook until they turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper while making the syrup.
- Boil the Sue Bee® honey, sugar, water and cinnamon for 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the honey puffs and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
- Serve hot.