Honey Ham and Chive Muffins
These flavorful muffins are loaded with chunks of ham and chives.
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 lb cubed ham
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Spray muffin tins with cooking oil spray.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Whisk together the milk, oil, egg or substitute, and dried chives. Let this mixture set for a few minutes to soften chives and bring out their flavor.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just blended.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on racks.
- Mix Sue Bee Honey, mustard, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut each muffin in half crosswise, spread each half with Sue Bee Honey sauce.
- Arrange on a platter; garnish with fresh chives or parsley. Serve or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until about 1/2 hour before serving.