Honey-Topped Doughnut Holes
A naturally sweet, fried finger food with whipped cream on the side? GAME OVER. You’ll feel like you died and went to heaven when you try these sweet and savory doughnut holes.
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 can refrigerated butter biscuits
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup whipped cream topping (from aerosol can)
- In a 2-quart saucepan or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 375 F. Cut three holes out of each biscuit using a 1 1/4-inch cookie cutter.
- Put four doughnut holes in hot oil at a time. Fry on each side until golden.
- Let doughnut holes cool for 2-3 minutes on a cooling rack.
- For glaze, stir Sue Bee Honey, melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water in a medium-size bowl.
- Dip doughnut holes into the glaze and let sit for 2 minutes to drain off any extra glaze.
- Serve doughnuts with whipped cream topping on the side and enjoy!