Chocolate Honey Tart
Chocolate. Honey. Almonds. Graham crackers. Those ingredients combined with 20 minutes of work and what do you get? A decadent dessert to enjoy whenever you’re craving something chocolate-y!
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 9 full-size graham crackers (original or chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and softened
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Put broken-up graham crackers and almonds in a food processor and process on high speed until broken down into fine crumbs, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and process on high speed until incorporated and crumbs are well-moistened, about 1 minute.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan and hard-pack with the back of a spatula to form a smooth and flat crust layer.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack for about 15 minutes before adding the filling.
- After crust has cooled, add chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, add the cream and honey and heat for 1 minute on high power.
- Stop, whisk to combine, return measuring cup to microwave and heat for 45 to 60 seconds; keep a close eye on it since all microwaves vary and you don’t want it to boil. Whisk briefly to combine.
- Pour cream-honey mixture over chocolate chips and whisk until silky smooth and combined; then whisk in the salt.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the crust, smooth the top lightly with a spatula, cover pan with plastic wrap and place pan in fridge for at least 5 hours to set before removing from springform pan.
- Slice, serve and enjoy when ready!