Honey Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Show your valentine your love this year by making a batch of our Honey Chocolate-Covered Strawberries! Mix a little Sue Bee Honey with coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt before dipping fresh strawberries for a truly delicious treat your “honey” is sure to love.
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate extract, optional
- Dash of sea salt
- 20 fresh strawberries
- Wash strawberries using cold water; dry and set aside.
- Measure honey into a small bowl and warm it by placing the bottom of the bowl in warm water. Do not microwave or overheat.
- Use the same process to warm the coconut oil.
- Mix the warm honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, chocolate extract and sea salt in a bowl.
- Individually dip strawberries in melted chocolate mixture and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover and place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from freezer and repeat dipping if necessary.