Honey Pumpkin Hummus
For a fun take on a traditional hummus, try this versatile spread that can be made as sweet or savory as you’d like.
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can chickpeas (optional)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbs Sue Bee Honey
- 1 loaf Focaccia (or other flatbread, pita bread)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs canola oil
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Swirl the pan on the heat till the butter has melted. Remove from heat and place in a small bowl. Add honey to the butter and stir to combine.
- Place a can of pumpkin puree and the honeyed butter mixture to the bowl of a food processor. For slightly less sweet hummus, add 1 can of chickpeas. Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- When ready to serve, brush thin Focaccia or other flatbread with olive oil and either grill on both sides until lightly charred or toast in the oven until lightly browned. Serve the flatbread with the hummus, topped with olive oil or feta, as desired.