Honey Apple Cranberry Pie – Can Make Ahead!
One taste of this mouth-watering new take on a traditional favorite, and we think it will be your new favorite.
- 2 pounds of apples, sliced to ½ inch thick
- 10 tbsp Sue Bee Honey
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 3 fluid oz cranberry juice (or cranberry juice cocktail)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 store bought pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine honey, apples, zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cranberry juice, and cook over medium heat until the apples are softened.
- Add the cranberries, and simmer. When the first cranberry pops (1-2 minutes), strain fruit, reserving the juice. Add the fruit mixture to pie crust and drizzle 3 tablespoons of juice over the top.
- Top with chopped walnuts and bake till filling bubbles, 23-25 minutes.