Honey Curry Sweet Potato Soup
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks
- Heat oil over medium heat in soup pot.
- Add onion, saute until translucent.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add stock and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Puree mixture.
- Return pureed soup to pot, over low heat.
- Add Sue Bee® honey, curry powder, chili pepper, ginger, and bell pepper.
- Simmer and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with Sue Bee® honey drizzled on top and eat with popcorn.