Honey Cranberry Champagne Sparkler
Ring in the new year with our delicious Honey Cranberry Champagne Sparkler recipe!
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® honey
- 1 12 ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 bottle of champagne or non-alcoholic champagne, chilled
- With a vegetable peeler, remove strips of peel from lemon.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, strips of lemon peel, stick cinnamon, whole cloves and sage. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add 2/3 cup of cranberries (reserve 1/3 cup of the cranberries for garnish). Return just to boiling, stirring with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Stir in honey and lemon juice. Press mixture through a sieve; discard solids. Cover and chill syrup for at least an hour and until ready to use.
- To serve, in a small punch bowl combine the cranberry syrup and ice cubes. Slowly add champagne, stirring gently. Ladle into glasses (or cups). Garnish with the reserved cranberries and with sage sprigs, if desired.