Cottage Farmhouse Clover Honey & Almond Galette with Mountainside Huckleberries, Georgia Peaches & Wild Blackberries
Kelly Williams’ Cottage Farmhouse Clover Honey & Almond Galette with Mountainside Huckleberries, Georgia Peaches & Wild Blackberries entry in the Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1 pie crust sheet, thawed and room temp
- 1/2 Tbl. flour for dusting pie crust sheet
- 3 cling-free peaches, unpeeled, cut into eighths and sliced into 1/2" pieces (stones removed)
- 1 cup frozen mountain huckleberries, unthawed
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blackberries, unthawed
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla\
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 Tbl. flour
- Tiny pinch of salt (less than a 1/16 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Clover Spun Honey, room temp
- 2 Tbl. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbl. finely ground almonds
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 5-6 Tbl. warmed Sue Bee Spun Honey, optional
- Unroll pie crust sheet and dust top with flour. (Brush with your hand to lightly coat.)
- Place into pie pan floured side-down.
- Lightly press onto bottom and up sides letting excess overhang rim.
- In large bowl, toss fruit with extracts, flour and salt. Pile into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Drizzle fruit evenly with honey, dot top with butter, sprinkle top evenly with ground almonds.
- Fold edges inward over fruit. Brush pastry with beaten egg. Sprinkle whole top and pastry with sugar.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Cool on wire rack. *Chill for a more set pie.
- Slice and serve (warmed or chilled) with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream if desired.
- Use pan juices/sauce for drizzling over galette and ice cream.
- Drizzle servings with more warmed spun honey if desired.