Homemade Honey Marshmallows
These classic, vanilla & honey marshmallows are a must-make any time of year!
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Lightly cover a 12” baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place water in a stand mixer bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface and leave to set.
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar, water and honey, cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook without stirring until candy thermometer reads 240 degrees F, about 12-15 minutes.
- Pour syrup mixture into gelatin mixture; beat on low until combined.
- Increase speed to high and beat until thick and fluffy and mixture triples in volume, about 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Using a lightly oiled spatula, scrape and flatten mixture into prepared pan.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Remove marshmallow from pan and peel away parchment paper.
- Dust top and bottom of marshmallow with powdered sugar mixture.
- Lightly spray a knife with non-stick spray and slice marshmallow into 1” cubes. You can also use a cookie cutter to make any desired shape!
- Cover cut sides with powdered sugar mixture.