Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
Get the grill fired up and make our Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich! It features our Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken topped with delicious Grilled Honey Pineapples and smothered in creamy Honey-Lime Mayonnaise. There's so much flavor in this sandwich that your taste buds might just explode with excitement!
- 4 hamburger buns or large Hawaiian rolls
- 4 Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken breasts
- 4 slices of Grilled Pineapple With Honey
- 1/4 cup Honey-Lime Mayonnaise
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
Ingredients for the Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- 2 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Ingredients for the Grilled Pineapple With Honey
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1 pineapple
Ingredients for the Honey-Lime Mayonnaise
- 3 tbls Sue Bee Honey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbls fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Prepare the Honey-Lime Chicken by placing all the ingredients for in a large zip-close bag.
- Seal the bag and turn it over until the marinade is well-blended and all of the chicken is evenly covered.
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or even overnight.
- Prepare the Honey-Lime Mayonnaise by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix the Honey-Lime Mayonnaise ingredients until even and smooth; refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Prepare the Grilled Pineapple With Honey by cutting the pineapple into 1/2″ rings and brushing each ring with Sue Bee Honey.
- Refrigerate the pineapple rings for at least two hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken and pineapple rings on the grill; close the lid.
- Grill the pineapple rings until honey begins to caramelize and form grill marks – about 2-5 minutes.
- Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Spread one tablespoon of Honey-Lime Mayonnaise on the top of each bun.
- After the Honey-Lime Chicken has cooled, place the breasts on the bottom buns.
- Top with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, Grilled Pineapple With Honey and the other half of the bun.