Curried Mung Beans With Rhubarb and Yams
- 1/8 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup dried green mung beans
- 4 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- Cover the green mung beans with water in a deep pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the raw sweet potato slices; simmer until beans are soft; about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain thoroughly.
- Mash the beans together with the sweet potatoes using a fork or potato masher and then set the mixture aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; once hot, add the rhubarb and zucchini; reduce the heat and cook until tender.
- Stir in the Sue Bee® honey and seasonings and mix it all together in with the mashed beans and sweet potatoes.
- Turn the mixture out into an ovenproof dish and bake at 400 F until piping hot; about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the coconut and continue baking until the coconut is lightly golden; about 5 minutes.
- Serve with the brown rice and chutney.