Sesame Seed and Honey Sticks
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 50 g margarine
- Heat the sesame seeds in a shallow pan without any oil, until they begin to jump about and turn golden.
- Shake the pan so that they do not stick or burn.
- Allow to cool.
- Using a heavy pan, heat the margarine and then add the Sue Bee® honey.
- Stir continuously until the mixture begins to caramelize.
- Pour the sesame seeds into the warm mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into a flat tin.
- As the mixture cools, shape it into sticks either by cutting or rolling, and then coating it with more sesame seeds if required.