Creme Brulee French Toast
- 1/8 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 slices day old challah
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine Sue Bee® honey, butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Pour into a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Trim crusts from bread and arrange in one layer in the baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, Grand Marnier, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour evenly over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and edges are light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with individual pieces turned over with the caramel on top.