Blueberry Bran Breakfast Treats
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium banana
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F and lightly spray a nonstick miniature muffin pan with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran, flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In another medium bowl using a hand mixer or blender, combine the Sue Bee® honey, milk, banana, egg, olive oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in one-third of the liquid mixture and stir until smooth. Slowly add remaining liquid mixture and stir until combined.
- Add blueberries and stir again; do not over mix.
- Carefully spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake approximately 8 minutes, or until the tops spring back when pressed gently, do not over bake.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before removing muffins from cups.