Tea ‘N’ Honey Thumbprint Cookies
Juliana Evans’ Tea N’ Honey Thumbprint Cookies entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 bags of Earl Grey Tea
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Honey Filling
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® honey
- 1 cup of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter. When butter begins to boil, add the tea bags. Remove from heat after 2 minutes of boiling and allow tea to steep about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out tea bags and allow butter to come to room temperature (you may stick in freezer to hurry the process).
- To prepare the filling, with an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add in Sue Bee® honey. Then slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Place in a piping bag or zip-close bag and put in the refrigerator.
- For the cookie dough, beat the room-temperature tea butter until smooth.
- Add in sugars and mix well, then mix in egg, followed by vanilla and Sue Bee® honey.
- Stir in cornstarch, soda, and salt.
- Slowly add all purpose flour.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoon ball of dough, roll it in your hands and place a deep indent with your thumb in the center.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 375 F.
- When cookies are completely cooled, fill indentation with honey filling and drizzle with extra honey for that added touch.