Sweet and Spicy Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1. Place walnuts in saucepan, cover with water and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2. Drain.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 4. In another saucepan combine Sue Bee® honey, sugar, water and hot sauce.
- 5. Bring to a boil and stir in drained walnut halves.
- 6. Boil and mix 5 to 10 minutes or until honey mixture becomes syrupy.
- 7. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- 8. Spread walnut mixture out on sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, until mahogany color, stirring after 5 minutes.
- 9. from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- 10. Cool.
- 11. Break up clumps.
- 12. Store in an airtight container.