Sweet and Sassy Cornbread
Harold Auten’s Sweet and Sassy Cornbread entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 4.25 oz can of diced green chiles
- 10 oz can of corn (drained)
- 1 cup of your favorite grated cheese to fold in last (I like PepperJack cheese to add a little more kick)
- Combine all the ingredients except the cheese.
- Mix well, then fold in the cheese.
- Pour into greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 min or tooth pick comes out clean.