Sue Bee® honey Sesame Chicken
Got a craving for some delicious Chinese food but tight on a budget? Skip the takeout boxes and treat your family to a batch of our homemade Sue Bee® honey Sesame Chicken! It features 1/3 cup honey and is even healthier than what you’d get at a restaurant. We dare you to taste the difference!
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3/4 cup white or brown rice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together Sue Bee® honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg whites and cornstarch until combined.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the egg white mixture and coat the pieces thoroughly.
- Cook the chicken in the nonstick pan, turning the pieces occasionally until browned on all sides and cooked through in the centers. Transfer to a platter.
- Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add cooked chicken and toss gently to coat with the sauce. Turn off heat.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the package and serve Sue Bee® honey Sesame Chicken on top. Garnish with scallions.