Reindeer Honey Sugar Cookies
It wouldn’t be the holiday season without decadent sugar cookies! This delicious recipe uses 1/3 cup of Sue Bee Honey to give these cookies a boost of flavor. For a fun twist, turn a jingle bell cookie cutter upside down and top it with our Reindeer Glaze, pretzels and chocolate candies to give it the reindeer effect! It’s sure to be a hit at your next cookie exchange!
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the Sue Bee Honey and cream well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Finish by hand if needed. Do not over mix the dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Use a “bell” shaped cookie cutter (upside down) to cut out reindeer shapes.
- Place cut-outs on baking sheet. Place sheet in fridge and chill for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, place in oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely