Red Cabbage, Apple and Caraway Soup
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sour cream sour cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage
- 3 medium granny smith apples
- 1 large onion
- chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add apples and saute until tender, for about 4 minutes.
- Add cabbage and saute until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, wine vinegar and Sue Bee® honey.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top of bowls.
- Sprinkle with parsley.