- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- Split pumpkin in half.
- Discard seed.
- Bake in 400 F oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove peel and discard.
- Puree pulp through food mill or in a blender or processor.
- Pour puree into pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stirring frequently, boil until thickened, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- When puree will mound slightly on spoon, measure. Use no more than 4 cups of puree. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered until thick enough to spread; should pass the plate test. (Place a spoonful on chilled plate and place in freezer for 1 minute, there should be no watery ring around the mound.
- Draw your finger through the middle, it should retain its shape and not become liquid. Once you have reached this state, you are done. Refrigerate or use as desired.