Pork Chops with Balsamic Orange Honey Shallot Sauce
KC Quaretti’s Pork Chops with Balsamic Orange Honey Shallot Sauce entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 4 pork chops
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 4 shallots
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Finely chop the shallots and sauté with the orange zest in 1 T olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and let the vinegar reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and white wine, continue cooking over medium heat.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in large sauté pan and add the pork chops. Sauté for 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness of pork chops. Pork chops cook rather quickly so be careful not to overcook.
- Just before the pork chops are done, add the honey to the shallot sauce and warm together.
- Remove the pork chops to a serving platter.
- Pour the shallot sauce into the pork chop sauté pan and stir well to combine with the tasty brown bits from cooking the pork chops.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve.