Poppy Seed Cake
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In small sauce pan, cook poppy seed with Sue Bee® honey and 1/4 cup water for 5-7 minutes; let cool.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled poppy seed mixture to creamed mixture and egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add poppy seed mixture to dry mixture, beating well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9-inch tube (or bundt) pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.