Pink Grapefruit-Honey Caramelized Barramundi
Ale Gambini’s Pink Grapefruit-Honey Caramelized Barramundi entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 1 pink grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive Oil
- 2 barramundi filet
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pink Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh italian parsley , chopped
- 1 shot cognac or brandy
- Squeeze out the juice from a pink grapefruit, set aside.
- Dissolve Sue Bee® honey using a tablespoon of grapefruit juice, set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil then add the Barramundi filets. Sauté quickly then turn on the other side. Pour over the grapefruit juice, the Sue Bee® honey and sprinkle with parsley; adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook at medium heat until grapefruit and honey start to thicken.
- Add the shot of cognac an let cook until caramelized.
- Serve hot over a slice of grapefruit, drizzled with the grapefruit-honey glaze and sprinkled with fresh parsley.