Orange Honey Struffoli
Kristen Heigl’s Orange Honey Struffoli entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 10 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup crisco, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 orange rind, zest
- 6 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons baking powder pinch salt
- 48 Fl Oz vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 jar (1 pound) Sue Bee® Orange Honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Mix together the eggs, crisco, butter, milk and extracts in the mixer. Mix until well combined.
- Add the confectioners sugar, orange rind, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Switch the mixer attachment to the kneading hook and knead for about 3-4 minutes. The dough shouldn't be too sticky if it is add more flour.
- Roll the dough into logs and cut into small squares using a knife.
- Fry in vegetable oil until light brown. Remove from heat and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat up the Sue Bee® honey in a pan and add the orange juice. Coat the struffoli with the honey mixture.