Milk and Honey Bread
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Add Sue Bee® honey, butter, salt and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover& let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into two loaves.
- Place in greased 9"x 5"x 3" loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minute Bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cover with foil if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.