- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In mixing bowl, beat cooking oil and butter until blended; beat in sugar.
- Add orange juice, baking powder and baking soda, mix well.
- Gradually add flour to make a soft dough.
- With clean hands, shape dough into 2-inch ovals. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool about 2 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the Sue Bee® honey, sugar and water, bring to a boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Dip the cooled cookies into the warm syrup.
- Sprinkle immediately with the finely chopped walnuts.
- Return to wire rack to set.