Jingle Bell Cranberries on Boston Lettuce
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 heads boston lettuce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread cranberries evenly in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle sugar evenly over them. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until needed (can be done ahead, up to 2 days).
- In a small bowl, whisk together Sue Bee® honey, vinegar, mustard powder, poppy seeds, salt, pepper, and orange juice.
- Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Use immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Toss lettuce and oranges with dressing so that they are lightly coated.
- Arrange on chilled salad plates. Garnish generously with the candied cranberries.