Honey and Parsley Roasted Chicken
This honey-butter mix will be just what you need to make tender, juicy chicken. It’s slowly roasted to bring out the best flavors, and it will have your family asking you to make it again and again.
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbs Sue Bee® honey
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs canola oil
- Lemon juice
- Pinch Salt and black pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roughly chop the onion, carrot, celery, and mushrooms and place in an even layer in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Put the parsley, butter, garlic, honey, canola oil, and salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor and pulse to combine well.
- Slide your hands between the skin and breast meat of the chicken to separate the skin as best as you can. Cover the chicken inside, outside, and between the skin with the honey butter mixture.
- Place the buttered chicken on top of the vegetables. Bake until the breast reads 150 degrees and the thigh reads 170 degrees with a meat thermometer. This will vary based on the size of your chicken.
- Allow to rest five minutes, then carve and serve.