Honey Candied Trout with Lemon Butter
Transform your kitchen into a 5-star restaurant with this perfect meal for two!
- Two skin-on Trout filets
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 bunch dill sprigs
- 1 tbs capers
- 5 tsp Sue Bee® honey (divided)
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- 2 tsp Canola or olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix olive or canola oil with 2 teaspoons honey. Place the fish skin-down and coat the fish with the honey marinade.
- Layer on lemon slices, capers, salt and pepper, and dill sprigs, reserving about ½ tablespoon of dill to finely chop.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow to rest for five minutes.
To make the compound butter
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of softened butter with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Add 2 teaspoons honey and ½ tablespoon chopped dill.
- Serve fish with Compound butter and a fresh green salad.