Honey Pepper Beets
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 pound baby beets
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green onion
- Put beets in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until beets are tender, 20-25 minutes (beets may be steamed if preferred).
- Rinse beets under cold water, drain and slip off the skins.
- Slice beets into one-fourth-inch thick rounds and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except onion; pour over beets.
- Add onion and toss thoroughly.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.