Honey Nut Scones
Laura Craig’s Honey Nut Scones entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Spun Honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee Spun Honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and soda.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender till pea-sized particles form.
- In a bowl whisk together Sue Bee® honey, egg and sour cream until mixed. Add to flour mixture, along with the pecans. Mixture will be clumpy, but use hands and fork to form a ball.
- On lightly floured surface, press into 8-inch circle about 2/3-inch thick. Cut into 8 equal wedges. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- While baking, combine glaze ingredients till smooth and a good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over hot scones.
- Top with additional chopped pecans, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.