Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw
Give this Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw a try and it just might become your new favorite salad! Crisp, shredded Brussels sprouts tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing, topped off with dried fruit, toasted almonds and Parmesan cheese … talk about delicious. It makes for a great lunch by itself or served up as a side with dinner!
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup tart dried cranberries or cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Wash Brussels sprouts, cut off the tough ends and peel off any browning outer leaves. Then shred them using the slicing blade of a food processor, a mandolin or a sharp chef’s knife.
- Toast slivered almonds (in oven or toaster oven) on medium heat for three to four minutes, until they are fragrant and turning golden brown on the edges.
- Whisk together the honey, olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic until emulsified.
- In a medium serving bowl, toss the shredded sprouts with the almonds, dried fruit, Parmesan and dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!