Honey Orange Muffins
Delicious, easy breakfast muffin.
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 oranges
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add the Sue Bee® honey, milk, butter, and egg; whisk to combine and until mixture is smooth.
- Zest one orange and add to liquid mix.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fold in just until moistened – do not overmix.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin tins that have been lightly buttered or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Slice oranges to create thin slices and place one slice on each muffin.
- Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack before turning out of pan.