Honey Mango Vol-au-Vent
Jodi Taffel’s Honey Mango Vol-au-Vent entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/3 cup Mango Nectar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 cup Fresh Mango, diced
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Whisk the egg yolks, Sue Bee® honey & mango nectar together in a heatproof glass bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot of simmering water and add the butter a little at a time, stirring frequently.
- Continue to cook over the simmering water for an additional 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain to remove any curdled egg bits. Put in the fridge to cool.
- Place Puff Pastry on a lightly floured cutting board and cut into 9 squares. Then place the squares on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook in a 400-degree oven 15 minutes, or until pastry has puffed up and tops are browned.
- Using a paring knife cut smaller square holes from the tops of the puffed up puff pastry.
- Remove a few layers of puff pastry from inside the holes.