This is what cornbread is supposed to taste like!
- 4 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn kernels, uncooked (canned or frozen may be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt; whisk in the flour.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add 4 tablespoons of the melted butter, 2 tablespoons of Sue Bee® honey, the egg and buttermilk; mix all the ingredients.
- Gently fold in the corn kernels.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cornbread for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cornbread is baking, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the honey. As soon as pan is removed from the oven, glaze finished bread with the honey butter using a pastry brush.
- Cool as least 15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.